HSBC Scholarship Award, is specially tailored for scholars who will be pursuing undergraduate studies in local public or private university or college, so as local twinning programs are highlighted as well.
“At the world’s local bank, we understand the importance of knowledge. But knowledge requires nurturing and development. The HSBC Scholarship Awards aims to do just that by enabling deserving needy students to complete their first degree with a scholarship from HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.” extracted from www.hsbc.com.my – THE HSBC SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
- Scholarship Amount
- Applicant’s Eligibility
- Applicant’s Academic Eligibility
- Applicant’s Undergraduate Program Eligibility
- Successful Applicant
- How to Apply
|University or College||RM per Annum|
- Will be pursuing full-time first-degree studies in a recognised local public or private university or college
(inclusive of local twinning programs).
- Malaysian students only.
- Below 25 years of age.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship, or award from any educational institutions, or any other organizations/foundation.
- Combined monthly household income is RM2,500 and below.
|SPM||Minimum 7 distinctions|
|STPM||Minimum 2As and a pass in the General Paper|
|Minimum CGPA 3.5|
- No restriction on field of studies.
- Full-time degree studies.
- Applicant’s first degree.
- Whole duration of the program/course must be done locally.
- Must have gained admission into a recognized local public or private university or college.
- For twinning programs, the full duration of the program must be done locally.
- No bond required.
- Must be able to maintain a CGPA of 3.30 or equivalent throughout the duration of his/her studies.
- Education loan is permissible if the scholarship amount is not sufficient to cover tuition fees.
- Get the download-able/print-able (.pdf) application form from the official HSBC Scholarship Awards webpage, it is not an online application form, must be printed out.
- Fill in the application form and prepare supporting documents requested, the listing of supporting documents will be available in the application form, mostly at the very beginning part.
- Filled application form + prepared supporting documents, return to:
HSBC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION – UNDERGRADUATE
Group Communications (Malaysia)
& Corporate Sustainability Department
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad
10th Floor, North Tower
No. 2, Lebuh Ampang
50100 Kuala Lumpur
- Shortlisted applicant will be notified via e-mail and required to attend an interview session.